Soothsayer I am not, but I’d like to make a few predictions about 2014 style!
1. Bloggers will continue to inspire the everygirl to be fancy, fashion conscious and budget savvy. Thanks ladies – you make getting dressed in the morning an art to be appreciated, not a chore.
2. The statement necklace is going to remain your go-to accessory, but delicate cuff bracelets will slowly creep into our jewelry drawers. They’ll be appreciated for their simplicity and charm.
3. The devil will be in the details. Gorgeous pleating, beading, and piping on feminine, classic silhouettes will steal our hearts.
4. Thrifting and internet shopping will lure in more style wise deal seeking fashionistias. We will not pay full price and purchase clothes on a whim. Refer to Red Tag Couture for a dose of practicality when on the verge of all impulses.
5. You will inevitably purchase something (anything) in radiant orchid (see #1).
6. Bows. Bows. And yes, more bows. There will be bows on your blouses on your shoes and on your pants. You will like them. They will like you back. And they will never, ever go out of style.
That last one is a personal wish. I have no reason to believe the rest of the world has an undying affection for bow embellishments the way I do. If you do, let’s start a movement!
Are you as excited as me about 2014 fashion? You can’t see me right now, but I’m doing jazz hands behind the crystal ball.