Look inside a gal’s beach bag and you’ll see into her soul, said no-one ever.
Day 4 of Beach Week is here, hooray, and we’re excited to share with you our picks for some noteworthy beauty essentials for a day at the beach.
- A good beach read is my BIGGEST inner-beauty essential. I just finished Love with a Chance of Drowning on my Kindle and I highly recommend it! (TIP: If you’re looking for Kindle bargains, sign up for Pixel of Ink daily emails. I just scored Ken Follett’s Eye of the Needle for $2.00)
- Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray by Not Your Mother’s. Humidity is my nemesis. This sea salt spray is my BFF. The price is right at $5.99 via my personal paradise, Ulta.
- Creaseless hair ties (made by my sister). Perfect for a post-dip-in-the-ocean fishtail braid.
- EOS Lip Balm. These are the best! Besides having a super great formula and minty smell, its unique shape allows you to easily find it in the black hole that is your beach tote. $3.99 at CVS!
- Emerald cut diamond studs because I wear jewelry to the beach. And they’re fake. I purchased these 4-carat beauties at So Good in the Downtown Crossing neighborhood of Boston.
- Pur Minerals CC Cream. Sometimes I crave a small amount of coverage to even out my complexion. Yup, even if I’m spending the day in the sun and surf. Plus, this cream has 40 SPF, which is fantastic and doesn’t wreak havoc on my sensitive skin. The price is not very Red Tag Couture friendly, but I got this in my Birchbox recently and only wear it on certain occasions.
- Coola Face Sunscreen. Same deal as the CC Cream (steep price tag; another Birchbox product). This lotion goes on so light and smooth and my face feels refreshed and not clogged up.
- Jergens Natural Glow. I have a feeling you’re no stranger to The Jergens. I’m certainly not. I love using this daily lotion after I step out of the shower. It’s even better after a day in the sun. I feel like it gives my skin an extra glow.
- Wide brim hat from TJ Maxx. Because every girl should enjoy the luxury of hiding under a giant hat.
One major beauty essential that’s not featured here is general body sunblock. I’ll be honest, I don’t have brand loyalty or a favorite formula. I typically buy generic drugstore sunscreen with SPF 30 or SPF 50. I even keep a bottle in my car for emergencies and spur-of-the-moment al fresco, sans umbrella meals.
What are your beach beauty must-haves? Are you a minimalist when it comes to packing a bag or do you cram your life into a tote? Also, what’s your beauty product to snack ratio? For every toiletry, I like to pack two snacks, as a general rule of thumb. Hehe ; )